WHY SWITCH TO LED LIGHTS?
- LED bulbs typically use 80% less energy than conventional bulbs do.
- Lighting consumes 25% of an average household's energy usage and cost of electricity bill. Even more for commercial applications that require lighting for over 4 hours per day such as retail stores, hospitals, libraries, restaurants, etc.
- As electricity costs increase, the payback period comes earlier and cost savings become larger. This is this one of the only ways to protect ourselves from the skyrocketing costs of utility companies. We highly support solar power too!
- LED bulbs will last 4 to 40 times longer than CFL's and incandescent bulbs.
- The cost of replacing a bulb often can be much more than the cost of the bulb. A common example of this is changing a bulb that is hard to get to like a light pole or high ceiling.
- For warming climates, incandescent bulbs will raise the room temperature. LED lighting runs cool to the touch. No radiant heat.
- For new construction, smaller gauge wiring and less circuit breakers are needed.
- Fluorescent lighting such as tubes or CFL bulb replacements contain mercury. To learn about how dangerous this lighting technology is, please see:
- LED bulbs use a fraction of the energy CFL and incandescent use.
- Great Eagle LED products are all ROHS compliant. In addition is being lead-free, please see the following definition of ROHS.
o Any RoHS compliant component is tested for the presence of Lead (Pb), Cadmium (Cd), Mercury (Hg), Hexavalent chromium (Hex-Cr), Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), and Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE). For Cadmium and Hexavalent chromium, there must be less than 0.01% of the substance by weight at raw homogeneous materials level. For Lead, PBB, and PBDE, there must be no more than 0.1% of the material, when calculated by weight at raw homogeneous materials. Any RoHS compliant component must have 100 ppm or less of mercury and the mercury must not have been intentionally added to the component.
- LED bulbs are cool to the touch running unlike incandescent and CFL's.
- No IR or UV radiation from LED
- Will not shatter like fluorescent and conventional light bulbs will.
- Likely never need changing. No climbing on a chair, ladder, or lift to replace bulbs.
EASE OF USE
- LED bulbs are direct replacements for CFL and incandescent bulbs. There is nothing to install, modify, or wire. In the case of replacement T8 fluorescent light tubes, the ballast is removed. The ballast is traditionally an expense and common item that burns out.
- LED lighting is solid state using semiconductors to create and control light characteristics.
- Instant on, instant off. No warming up like CFL's
- Full spectrum of colors. From a cozy warm white to a bright white sunlight color enhancing beam, the output and color will remain consistent and reliable.
- LED's are directional and have the ability to direct light where it's needed and wanted the most. By eliminating stray light, you won't be wasting electricity lighting up areas you don't need.
WHERE TO BUY
Homeowners - Great Eagle Lighting products have been only available to the trade. However, we will be offering a limited selection of our products at amazon.com. Look for our promotions and on-line coupons for use at amazon.com
Trade - Please see contact us page for information.